World of Warships is a PC based MMO that is centered on naval warfare. By naval warfare I mean old school naval battles and tactics. The ships all range from WW1 ad WW2 with a few variations. Big battleships with big guns, powerful yet vulnerable aircraft carriers, destroyers and cruisers all make this game incredibly addicting. However you cannot just down hat ever you want in WoWs and expect positive results. Here are 5 reasons you suck at World of Warships.
- KEEP MOVING! For players that have played World of Tanks, hiding is a major part of successful gameplay. Not so in Warships. The larger the ship, the longer it takes to get up to get up to speed and same goes for stopping. You cannot just hide behind an island. Stopping your ship mid game is a death sentence because now players don’t have to lead when they target you. You become a target for anyone looking for a quick kill. And forget about torpedoes. You’re a sitting duck.
- YOU CANT AIM! Lead you targets people. You have to account for your targets speed and direction. With targets that are extremely far away, don’t even bother firing at them. You will just give away your position and the position of any of your teammates nearby. For torpedoes, use the grey target indicator. It’s not lying to you. It’s accurate.
- YOU GO ROGUE. Teamwork guys. Carriers need air cover so if you’re a cruiser, suck it up and protect them. Destroyers should act like a wolf pack. Stay together, split enemy fire and attack from multiple angles. Carriers, attack other carriers first and then battleships. Attacking destroyers will be taken care of by your escort cruiser (hopefully). Battleships, stay in the open, don’t get in turning fights and if you are going to change course, remember to start turning your guns first. The traverse speed of your main battery is an issue. Upgrade them whenever possible.
- YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE. This one is for battleships especially. You have a lot of armor but a single destroyer can ruin it all with it torpedoes. Like I said before, stay in the open, don’t get yourself boxed into a corner. You should have enough armor to withstand any battle as long as you are aiming properly and removing enemies form the map. Do not go toe to toe with more than one destroyer at a time and when confronted, turn away and present the smallest target you can. Use the mini map and figure out where destroyers are going and steer clear.
- YOU STAY ZOOMED IN. Tunnel vision is really bad. Pay attention to where you are sailing. Get out of the zoom view while your guns loading. If not you can smash into teammates and cause damage or hit land and get stuck. If you get stuck get moving as quickly as possible (see tip 1).